Thursday, September 15, 2011

In the beginning...

Hello! Well, if the title didn't give it away, I'm going to tell you all about Jack Russell Terriers, along with their counterpart, the Parson Russell Terrier. So, before I get anywhere else, a lot of people are curious: What is the difference between a Parson Russell Terrier and a Jack Russell Terrier? The answer is actually quite simple. Parson Russell Terriers have much longer legs than the Jack Russells, along with a broader chest. They are considered the "show" version of the Jack Russell, which I really don't think makes sense. In my opinion, both the Jack Russell Terrier (JRT) and the Parson Russell Terrier (PRT) are just as able as each other. Second, you probably know the Jack Russell better than you think. Ever seen the TV shows Frasier, Wishbone, or the movie My Dog Skip? All three of these venues have JRTs as the stars (yes, Eddie is the star!). Until tomorrow, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment